[openstack-dev] Requests + urllib3 + distro packages

Cory Benfield cory at lukasa.co.uk
Tue Oct 13 07:41:15 UTC 2015

> On 13 Oct 2015, at 07:42, Thomas Goirand <zigo at debian.org> wrote:
> In this particular case (ie: a difficult upstream which makes it
> impossible to have the same result with pip and system packages)

I don’t know how carefully you’ve followed this email trail, but the “difficult upstream” has had a policy in place for six months that ensures that you can have the same result with pip and system packages. For six months we have only updated to versions of urllib3 that are actually released, and therefore that are definitely available from pip (and potentially available from the distribution).

The reason this has not been working is because the distributions, when they unbundle us, have not been populating their setup.py to reflect the dependency: only their own metadata. We’ve been in contact with them, and this change is being made in the distributions we have relationships with.

Cory