[openstack-dev] The state of systemd _sd_notify & oslo.service in OpenStack

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue Oct 13 07:01:25 UTC 2015

Hi,

As oslo.service implements _sd_notify, I am deeply thinking about
switching Debian .service files to use Type=notify instead of
Type=simple (which is the default, and what OpenStack packages are using
in Debian).

Though I'm not sure about the state of things. Which package has
switched to using oslo.service, and is _sd_notify always called when a
package declares a dependency on oslo.service? Could someone confirm a
list of projects for which I could enable Type=notify in all daemons?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)