[openstack-dev] [Zaqar][cli][openstackclient] conflict in nova flavor and zaqar flavor

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Tue Oct 13 06:35:55 UTC 2015

On 12/10/15 19:25 -0300, Victoria Martínez de la Cruz wrote:
>HI all,
>
>Thanks for your feedback. We discussed this topic in this week weekly meeting
>and we came to the conclusion that it would be better to use "pool-flavor"
>instead of creating a namespace for Zaqar only (by prefixing everything with
>the "message" key).
>
>So, this commands would look like
>
>openstack pool-flavor create
>openstack pool-flavor get
>openstack pool-flavor delete
>openstack pool-flavor update
>openstack pool-flavor list

First and foremost, I'm sorry for not attending the last meeting.

I just read the logs from the meeting and I'd like to raise my
concerns with the above. I think it's very confusing for users to have
a non-namespaced command.

For example, what's a pool-flavor? Is it related to Nova's flavors? Is
it something related to some network pools? etc.

I understand that one of the concerns is that things like `openstack
message message post` wouldn't look good but I think that the project
namespace could match the service catalog (will let folks for OSC
confirm/deny this).

Some examples:

$ openstack messaging post
$ openstack messaging flavor create