[openstack-dev] [infra] Try to introduce RFC mechanism to CI.

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Oct 9 12:17:19 UTC 2015

On 2015-10-09 18:06:55 +0800 (+0800), Tang Chen wrote:
[...]
> It is just a waste of resource if reviewers are discussing about
> where this function should be, or what the function should be
> named. After all these details are agreed on, run the CI.
[...]

As one of the people maintaining the upstream CI and helping
coordinate our resources/quotas, I don't see that providing early
test feedback is a waste. We're steadily increasing the instance
quotas available to us, so check pipeline utilization should
continue to become less and less of a concern anyway.

For a change which is still under debate, feel free to simply ignore
test results until you get it to a point where you see them start to
become relevant.
--
Jeremy Stanley