[openstack-dev] [openstack-ansible] Using python venvs for keystone, nova, glance, swift, heat, neutron, ceilometer

Jesse Pretorius jesse.pretorius at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 10:52:00 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

We've identified that it would be better for us to make use of python venvs
for various reasons as outlined in the blueprint [1] and in more detail in
the spec [2] for the implementation.

We'd like to solicit feedback from anyone in the community who has
experience running OpenStack services in python venvs. What should we look
out for? What problems have been experienced and how were they resolved?

We'd be happy to discuss this via the mailing list, or in the reviews [3].

Thanks,

Jesse
IRC: odyssey4me

[1]