[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Effective guide

Armando M. armamig at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 19:16:20 UTC 2015

Hi neutrinos,

One of the areas I would like to work on during the Mitaka cycle is
'consistency' [1].

We've grown quite a bit during the last cycle and we need to make sure we
are on the same page when it comes to code quality and reviews, and at the
same time speeding up review velocity without compromising stability [2].

This is the reason why I started the 'Effective Neutron' guide [3], with
the hope that we could start collating pills of wisdom that we identify
during Neutron reviews, and capture lessons learned from regressions we may
experience post merge.

To this aim, I would invite people to start collectively add content to the
guide. If you use the 'effective' tag [4], then it's easier to set them
apart from the rest, for speedy review.

If you are stumbling upon a bad pattern and you want to clean that up (like
Cedric did in [5]), adding a tip at the same time of the patch is also ok,
unless you pinky-swear you'll do that as follow up (the effective guide is
available from Liberty, so backports may cause a conflict should you want
to go back to Kilo).

Cheers,
Armando

[1]