[openstack-dev] [neutron + ovn] Does neutron ovn plugin support to setup multiple neutron networks for one container?

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Fri Oct 2 18:46:47 UTC 2015

On 10/02/2015 02:26 PM, Murali R wrote:
> Hi Russell,
>
> Thank you these are really good. Had a quick question. When you create a
> logical switch in your first script (line 23) - at what point is it
> associated with br-int ? Is it on line 45? So I can create any switch
> and when I associated logical port it associates logical switch ? Or is
> there a different way we can associate logical-phy switches? I was
> looking to get the logical associations during startup initialization.

To clarify, I believe you're talking about the first script from the
tutorial [1], which is:

  https://github.com/openvswitch/ovs/blob/master/tutorial/ovn/env1/setup.sh

Most of that script is all configuring logical topology.  OVN does
nothing to the network until ovn-controller sees a port appear on br-int
that maps to a logical port.  This mapping is done by setting the
"iface-id" to the name of the logical port.

Once ovn-controller has mapped a port on br-int to a logical port, it
can configure the switch appropriately for that port.

Does that make sense?

[1] https://github.com/openvswitch/ovs/blob/master/tutorial/OVN-Tutorial.md

--
Russell Bryant