[openstack-dev] [cinder]Do we have project scope for cinder?

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Mon Nov 30 15:36:08 UTC 2015

On 11/29/2015 02:02 PM, Sean McGinnis wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 11:44:19AM +0000, Dulko, Michal wrote:
>> On Sat, 2015-11-28 at 10:56 +0800, hao wang wrote:
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> I notice nova have a clarification of project scope:
>>> http://docs.openstack.org/developer/nova/project_scope.html
>>>
>>> I want to find cinder's, but failed,  do you know where to find it?
>>>
>>> It's important to let developers know what feature should be
>>> introduced into cinder and what shouldn't.
>>>
>>> BR
>>> Wang Hao
>>
>> I believe Nova team needed to formalize the scop to have an explanation
>> for all the "this doesn't belong in Nova" comments on feature requests.
>> Does Cinder suffer from similar problems? From my perspective it's not
>> critically needed.
>
> I agree. I haven't seen a need for something like that with Cinder. Wang
> Hao, is there a reason you feel you need that?

For reference here is the Cinder mission statement:
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/governance/tree/reference/projects.yaml#n273

All projects listed in the governance repository reference/projects.yaml
have a mission statement, I do encourage folks thinking about starting a
project to look at the mission statements here first as there may
already be an effort ongoing with which you can align your work.

Thanks Wang Hao,
Anita.