[openstack-dev] [murano] let's start using reno

Kirill Zaitsev kzaitsev at mirantis.com
Tue Nov 24 13:28:09 UTC 2015

Hello, fellow murano developers. You surely heard about reno [1] — RElease NOtes management tool. I’m happy to say, that it’s configured and ready to be used for murano itself. If you need an example — here is our 1st commit that includes a reno release note https://review.openstack.org/#/c/215542/ [2]

I’m going to be adding reno to all murano repos before mitaka-1 (as mentioned in http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-November/079795.html [3])

Release notes for murano can be found here: http://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/murano/index.html [4]

TLDR:

pip install reno
reno new my-fix-name

then edit releasenotes/notes/my-fix-name-{id}.yaml, delete what you don’t need, add/alter what’s important and git add the file to your commit.

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/developer/reno/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/215542/
[3] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-November/079795.html
[4] http://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/murano/index.html