[openstack-dev] [Ironic] [OSC] Quick poll: OpenStackClient command for provision action

Sam Betts (sambetts) sambetts at cisco.com
Wed Nov 18 12:18:50 UTC 2015

I think all the filtering etc that exists on the current CLI should move over to OSC, I personally find things like --fields super useful.

+1 to removing "chassis show --nodes" and making it part of node list.

+1 to deploy, instead of activate. Jim also suggested provision. WDYT?

I'd only chosen boot and shutdown because they were the only 1 word synonyms I could think of for power on and power off, if everyone else is happy with poweron and poweroff, then so am I :) I'm also not sure what to do about maintenance mode, maybe something like quarantine and unquarantine? I quite like ignore, as its descriptive of whats actually happening, but I'm unsure of the best antonym for it, I was thinking acknowledge or something like that.

Heres a revised list of commands based on everyone's suggestions so far:

openstack baremetal [node/driver/chassis/port] list [For ports --node, For nodes --chassis]

openstack baremetal [node/driver/chassis/port] show UUID [For nodes --states, For driver --properties]

openstack baremetal [node/chassis/port] create

openstack baremetal [node/chassis/port] update UUID

openstack baremetal [node/chassis/port] delete UUID

openstack baremetal node provide UUID

openstack baremetal node deploy UUID

openstack baremetal node rebuild UUID

openstack baremetal node inspect UUID

openstack baremetal node validate UUID

openstack baremetal node manage UUID

openstack baremetal node abort UUID

openstack baremetal node poweron UUID

openstack baremetal node poweroff UUID

openstack baremetal node reboot UUID

openstack baremetal node ignore UUID

openstack baremetal node acknowledge UUID

openstack baremetal node console [--enable, --disable] UUID

openstack baremetal node boot-device [--supported, --set CDROM, PXE, DISK] UUID

openstack baremetal [node/driver] vendor NAME_OR_UUID METHOD

WDYT?

Sam