[openstack-dev] Troubleshooting cross-project comms

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Nov 2 11:03:32 UTC 2015

Anne Gentle wrote:
> I wanted to write up some of the discussion points from a cross-project
> session here at the Tokyo Summit about cross-project communications. The
> etherpad is here:
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/mitaka-crossproject-comms
>
> One item that came up that I wanted to ensure we gather feedback on is
> evolving the cross-project meeting to an "as needed" rotation, held at
> any time on Tuesdays or Wednesdays. We can set up meetbot in a new
> meeting room, #cross-project-meeting, and then bring in the necessary
> participants while also inviting everyone to attend.
>
> I sense this helps with the timezone issues we all face, as well as
> brings together the relevant projects in a moment, while allowing other
> projects to filter out unnecessary discussions to help everyone focus
> further on solving cross-project issues.
> [...]

Hey Anne,

Thanks for the writeup. We'll still have a cross-project meeting at the
usual hour (21:00 UTC) this week (as it was scheduled already) and use
it to discuss that change (and other design summit feedback). If we can
get some consensus around the idea, we could deprecate the meeting
starting next week.

Cheers,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)