[openstack-dev] [Manila] [Cinder] About how to hide the dummy destination record during migration

Ben Swartzlander ben at swartzlander.org
Thu May 28 17:58:33 UTC 2015

On 05/28/2015 01:14 PM, Rodrigo Barbieri wrote:
> For Share Migration, I am looking into integrating it with "Private
> Driver Storage" as Valeriy mentioned. The purpose is in fact different
> than not displaying the volume being migrated to the user, we are
> attempting to not use a temporary DB entry at all. I am not sure how
> this will play out, especially when doing clean up error state, which
> is a very important part of migration.

Rodrigo how would that work? Both of the proposals we discussed earlier
(for migration) did involve 2 database rows, and the difference between
the approaches was how to reconcile the IDs. I didn't actually hear much
of the session in Vancouver due to the weak microphone so if you've come
up with a 3rd approach I'd love to hear about it.

-Ben