[openstack-dev] [lbaas] [octavia] [barbican] Relationship between Octavia and Barbican and Octavia 1.0 questions

Daniel Comnea comnea.dani at gmail.com
Fri May 22 07:08:58 UTC 2015

My $0.2 cents:

I echo what Maish said with regards to functionality:
- integration with HEAT is a must from Day -1 (if there is anything like
this :) ) otherwise will be hard to gain operators traction. Look it as the
entry point for everyone trying to move from Neutron LB
- white/ black listing traffic based on source port/ network/IP
- multiple FIPs associated with 1 LB, the use case is: say i have 1 LB open
for port tcp 80 & udp 88 listening on 2 FIPs (even registered into a DNS)
and 2 different set of clients consuming this interfaces - frontend and
backend

Dani

Dani

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 10:45 PM, Brandon Logan <brandon.logan at rackspace.com