[openstack-dev] [lbaas] [octavia] [barbican] Relationship between Octavia and Barbican and Octavia 1.0 questions

Samuel Bercovici SamuelB at Radware.com
Tue May 26 16:10:28 UTC 2015

Hi Dani,

Can you please explain further the 3rd use case (Multiple FIPs….)?

Regards,
                -Sam.

From: Daniel Comnea [mailto:comnea.dani at gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2015 10:09 AM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [lbaas] [octavia] [barbican] Relationship between Octavia and Barbican and Octavia 1.0 questions

My $0.2 cents:

I echo what Maish said with regards to functionality:
- integration with HEAT is a must from Day -1 (if there is anything like this :) ) otherwise will be hard to gain operators traction. Look it as the entry point for everyone trying to move from Neutron LB
- white/ black listing traffic based on source port/ network/IP
- multiple FIPs associated with 1 LB, the use case is: say i have 1 LB open for port tcp 80 & udp 88 listening on 2 FIPs (even registered into a DNS) and 2 different set of clients consuming this interfaces - frontend and backend
Dani

Dani