[openstack-dev] [cinder] Deadline For New Cinder Volume Drivers in Liberty

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Wed May 13 19:13:48 UTC 2015

On 05/13/2015 11:48 AM, Mike Perez wrote:
> The Cinder team has met today [1] to begin discussions on the deadline
> for new volume drivers in the Liberty release.
>
> The proposed deadline for volume drivers to be merged by is June 19th 2015
[...]

Great to read this, thanks Mike.

On a wider note, I think we should have a more institutional place to
communicate this sort of important decisions than the mailing list only.
I'm thinking of proposing a new scope for the OpenStack blog
https://openstack.org/blog for this.

We used to use the blog as the main source of communication, from
Foundation, events, community-related news and the weekly newsletter.
Recently the Foundation has added two new important publication:
http://SuperUser.openstack.org and https://openstack.org/news. These end
up taking lots of the content that was on the blog.

I think that we might tighten the focus of the blog to contributors and
operators (and app developers) aspects, use it as the regular platform
for TC communication, PTLs and community managers to communicate
relevant news.

Thoughts?

/stef