[openstack-dev] [cinder] Deadline For New Cinder Volume Drivers in Liberty
thingee at gmail.com
Wed May 13 18:48:34 UTC 2015
The Cinder team has met today  to begin discussions on the deadline
for new volume drivers in the Liberty release.
The proposed deadline for volume drivers to be merged by is June 19th 2015
However, we will be finalizing the deadline at the Cinder sprints at
the summit on Friday May 15th.
Requirements for a volume driver to be merged:
* Your blueprint for your volume driver is submitted and approved.
(mark your blueprint as pending approval to get my attention)
* Your volume driver code is posted to gerrit and passing gate tests.
* Your volume driver code gerrit review page has results posted from
your CI , and is passing. Keep in mind that your CI must continue
running in order to stay in the release. This also includes future
* Your volume driver fulfills minimum features. 
* You meet all of the above at least by June 12th. This is to
discourage late code submissions. Reviews can take time. Merges can
also be very difficult late in the milestone due to the OpenStack Gate
testing being very full. In the past we have seen gate wait times take
a whole day. Do yourself a favor and don't wait.
To be clear:
* Your volume driver submission must meet *all* the items before we
review your code. If not, you'll have to submit your volume driver in
the M release.
* If your volume driver is submitted after Liberty-1, expect me to
reference this email and we'll request the volume driver to be
submitted in the M release.
* Even if you meet all of the above requirements by June 12th, it is
not guanranteed that your volume driver will be merged by June 19th.
You still need to address all review comments in a timely manner and
allow time for gating testing to finish.
* This does not include backup drivers.
* This does not include connector drivers in os-brick. This will be a
To help speed up the review process, please review the How to
Contribute a driver to Cinder documentation .
 - http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/cinder/2015/cinder.2015-05-13-16.00.log.html#l-202
 - https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Cinder/tested-3rdParty-drivers
 - http://docs.openstack.org/developer/cinder/devref/drivers.html#minimum-features
 - https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Cinder/how-to-contribute-a-driver
More information about the OpenStack-dev