[openstack-dev] [cinder] Request exemption for removal of NetApp FC drivers (no voting CI)

Mike Perez thingee at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 18:43:36 UTC 2015

On 17:23 Mon 23 Mar     , ClaytonLuce, Timothy wrote:
> I disagree with your assertion that NetApp has ignored this for a year and we
> are being inconsiderate of the community.  The specific drivers (FC) we are
> discussing were added in the Kilo-1 period, so since Dec. and are net new
> drivers.  All other NetApp drivers have had corresponding CI in place and
> operational.

You're failing to understand the point, which is why you're in this mess to
begin with. Try listening.

We've been talking about CI's for a year. We started talking about CI deadlines
in August. If you post a driver for Kilo, it was communicated that you're
required to have a CI by the end of Kilo [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8]. This
should've been known by your engineers regardless of when you submitted your
driver.

NetApp posted a driver in Kilo, with no CI done, and no clear prioritization to
get it done in time.

I recommend you spend less time whining, own up, and take care of things so we
can revisit things in RC.

[1] - https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Cinder/tested-3rdParty-drivers#Deadlines
[2] - http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/cinder/2015/cinder.2015-01-21-16.00.log.html
[3] - http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/cinder/2015/cinder.2015-02-04-16.04.log.html