[openstack-dev] Cinder Third-Party CI: what next? (was Re: [cinder] Request exemption for removal of NetApp FC drivers (no voting CI))

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Mon Mar 23 19:59:15 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-03-23 at 11:43 -0700, Mike Perez wrote:
> We've been talking about CI's for a year. We started talking about CI deadlines
> in August. If you post a driver for Kilo, it was communicated that you're
> required to have a CI by the end of Kilo [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8]. This
> should've been known by your engineers regardless of when you submitted your
> driver.

Let's work to fix the CI bits for Liberty and beyond. I have the feeling
that despite your best effort to communicate deadlines, some quite
visible failure has happened.

You've been clear about Cinder's deadlines, I've been trying to add them
also to the weekly newsletter, too.

To the people whose drivers don't have their CI completed in time: what
do you suggest should change so that you won't miss the deadlines in the
future? How should the processes and tool be different so you'll be
successful with your OpenStack-based products?

Cheers,
stef