[openstack-dev] [devstack] Use devstack/master to install older releases

Emmanuel Cazenave contact at emcaz.fr
Tue Jun 30 12:04:02 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to use devstack/master to install older releases of swift and
keystone; the installation fails with a version conflict on pbr.

A little bit of background : I work on a CI that needs to run the swift
functional test suite and the swift part of tempest against swift/icehouse,
swift/ijuno swift/kilo swift/master.

My first approach was to use devstack/icehouse to install swift/icehouse,
devstack/juno for swift/juno, etc....

I am now trying to use devstack/master in every cases because I need this :
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/115307/ which allow not to install
nova+glance which I don't need at all, and whose installation takes a
really long time.

So I use devstack/master, and set SWIFT_BRANCH and KEYSTONE_BRANCH to
stable/icehouse for example. The installation  fails because of a version
conflict :
This
https://review.openstack.org/gitweb?p=openstack-dev/devstack.git;a=blob;f=lib/infra;h=3d68e45bd9954a7ce0003d809428c979663d2ede;hb=HEAD#l51
install  the last pbr version, whereas keystone requires pdb<1.0 :
https://github.com/openstack/keystone/blob/stable/icehouse/requirements.txt#L2

I don't now anything about this lib/infra : does it really need to install
unconditionally the last pbr ?
Is my use case of installing older releases with devstack/master not
supported ?

Thanks.

Emmanuel Cazenave