[openstack-dev] [keystone] SPF exception: Extend endpoint filtering to Service Providers

Rodrigo Duarte rodrigodsousa at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 18:49:32 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Endpoint filtering is a keystone extension since the Havana release, in
Juno it was expanded by the Multi-Attribute Endpoint Grouping spec [1] that
improves the filtering flexibility.

Since Kilo, we added the concept of Service Providers to keystone, the list
of such resources is returned in the token alongside the service catalog
[2]. In Liberty we are proposing to extend endpoints filtering to also
support Service Providers [3]. This should not bring API nor model changes,
just extra checks to the endpoint filter controller/backend.

We believe this could easily land in Liberty if the spec is approved - so
we'd like to formally request a spec freeze exception for it.

[1]
https://github.com/openstack/keystone-specs/blob/master/specs/juno/endpoint-group-filter.rst
[2]
https://github.com/openstack/keystone-specs/blob/master/api/v3/identity-api-v3.rst#authentication-responses
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/188534/

Thanks!

--
Rodrigo Duarte Sousa
Senior Software Engineer at Advanced OpenStack Brazil