[openstack-dev] [Sahara] [EDP] about get_job_status in oozie engine

Trevor McKay tmckay at redhat.com
Tue Jun 23 13:17:37 UTC 2015

Hi Lu,

  yes, you're right.  Return is a dictionary and for the other EDP
engines only "status" is returned (and we primarily care about
"status").  For Oozie, there is more information.

  I'm fine with changing the name to "get_job_info()" throughout the
job_manager and EDP.

  It actually raises the question for me about whether or not in the
Oozie case we really even need the extra Oozie information in the Sahara
database.  I don't think we use it anywhere, not even sure the UI
displays it (but it might) or how much comes through the REST responses.

  Maybe we should have get_job_status() which returns only "status", and
an optional get_job_info() that returns more? But that may be a bigger
discussion.

Best,

Trevor