[openstack-dev] Add table to Nova DB

Silvia Fichera fichera.sil at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 10:42:23 UTC 2015

Hi,
I've subscribed this list just now, so I didn't read your answer before
today.
I'm gonna explain better what I sould do.
I know that Ceilometer collects statics about the network state, but as far
as I know, those are related to the virtual network.
I'm putting an ovs managed by an SDN controller to connect compute nodes.
In practice I'm building a "real" data network.
What I would like to do is to collect network information by the SDN
cotroller, record it into a table in nova db and add a filter that will
consider also the network state before the allocation of the instances.

To do so I have some steps to follow:
1. Add a table to nova db (that's related to my main question)
2. populate it statically (just to test the behavior)
3. Create a filter related to the network state
4. add it to nova.conf
5. test the behavior.
If everithing works I have to collect the real network information by the
SDN controller and send it to the nova db (via rpc???)

So I want a network aware allocation of the instances in the compute nodes.
I hope this clarification could help you to answer.
Do I miss something?
My question is, again, how to add a table to nova DB and populate it?

Thank you
Regards,
Silvia

--