[openstack-dev] [Nova] Tracking optional requirements

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Mon Jun 22 23:19:29 UTC 2015

bindep looks quite cool, and I think would do what I am after here.
That's especially true if we use its profiles support. I like the idea
that we can hand some form of documentation to distros that verifies
that they've noticed all the dependancies we've added in a given
release cycle.

Cheers,
Michael

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 2:04 AM, Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:
> On 2015-06-22 21:05:11 +1000 (+1000), Michael Still wrote:
>> Sure, except where the thing isn't in pip... I just learned tonight
>> that the libosinfo thing in the review at the start of this thread is
>> a c library and some gobject black magic. I think we want it, but it
>> will never work as a pip dependancy. So, I think something human
>> readable is still required?
>
> I'm hoping to solve this via bindep[1], and will propose a
> bindep-format requirements list to nova once I have the package
> caching in place for that on our workers and the current
> experimental job updated to make use of per-project bindep lists.
>
> [1] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/bindep/
> --
> Jeremy Stanley

Rackspace Australia