[openstack-dev] [all] [stable] No longer doing stable point releases

Douglas Mendizábal douglas.mendizabal at rackspace.com
Wed Jun 17 15:40:16 UTC 2015

I tend to agree with Thomas that plan D is not ideal.  For one, it
prevents changes to the stable branch that span multiple CRs, since a
two patch change would generate two tags and there would be no clear
indication that the first patch should not be released on its own.

My preference would be for "Plan C" where the PTL would push a new
2015.1.XXX tag when an important fix (or fixes) lands in a stable branch
.

I also disagree with Morgan that packagers are better informed to make
the determination of when to release.  PTLs should be aware of all
changes landing in the stable branches, and should be able to push a
tag immediately after an important fix lands.  Asking the packagers to
make the determination means that they would have to be aware of every
patch landing in every project, which I think is a lot to ask.

- - Douglas Mendizábal