[openstack-dev] [packaging] Adding packaging as an OpenStack project

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 19:50:06 UTC 2015

On 06/15/2015 10:55 AM, James Page wrote:
> We understand and have communicated from the start of this
> conversation that we will need to be able to maintain deltas between
> Debian and Ubuntu - for both technical reasons, in the way the
> distributions work (think Ubuntu main vs universe), as well as
> objectives that each distribution has in terms of the way packaging
> should work.

Hi James,

For the benefit of the TC members (such as myself) that do not have a
great background in packaging internals, would you mind describing one
or two of the deltas you describe above? I'm really wondering what these
things look like and how big the difference is from the Debian packaging
recipes (is that the right word, even?)

All the best,
-jay