[openstack-dev] [packaging] Adding packaging as an OpenStack project

James Page james.page at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 16 10:53:05 UTC 2015

Hi Thomas

On 15/06/15 19:48, Thomas Goirand wrote:
[...]
> During our discussions at the Summit, you seemed to be
> enthusiastic about pushing our packaging to Stackforge. Then others
> told me to "push it to the /openstack namespace" to make it "more
> big tent-ish", which made me very excited about the idea.

The idea of having packaging on stackforge seemed appealing; however
its always good to reflect on these things after some thought away
from the summit, hence my email yesterday.

> So far, I've been very happy of the reboot of our collaboration,
> and felt like it was just awesome new atmosphere. So I have to
> admit I'm a bit disappointed to read the above, even though I do
> understand the reasoning.

Ditto on the reboot of collaboration - I think we've made good steps
forward in the last two weeks to work together in the right ways
between Ubuntu and Debian.  We've still some way to go :-).

> Anyway, does this mean that you don't want to push packaging to
> /stackforge either, which was the idea we shared at the summit?

Yes.

> I'm a bit lost on what I should do now, as what was exciting was
> enabling operation people to contribute. I'll think about it and
> see what to do next.

Lets focus on the seed of collaboration we have going right now and
see how that plays out.

Cheers

James

- --