[openstack-dev] Looking for help getting git-review to work over https

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Sun Jun 14 20:49:32 UTC 2015

On 12 June 2015 at 10:49, ZZelle <zzelle at gmail.com> wrote:
> Indeed, the doc[1] is unclear
>

> git-review can be installed using: python setup.py install or pip install .

Of those two things we only support "pip install ." - in part because
you have much less control over mirrors, proxies and inferior SSL
support with 'python setup.py install'.

http://docs.openstack.org/developer/pbr/ "Note that we don’t support
the easy_install aspects of setuptools: while we depend on
setup_requires, for any install_requires we recommend that they be
installed prior to running setup.py install - either by hand, or by
using an install tool such as pip."

As pip doesn't yet support setup_requires itself, this will currently
need a manual 'sudo pip install pbr' beforehand :/

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist