[openstack-dev] [global-requirements][pbr] tarball and git requirements no longer supported in requirements.txt

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Sun Jun 7 23:08:17 UTC 2015

On 5 June 2015 at 04:54, Kevin Benton <blak111 at gmail.com> wrote:
> +1. I had setup a CI for a third-party plugin and the easiest thing to do to
> make sure it was running tests with the latest copy of the corresponding
> neutron branch was to put the git URL in requirements.txt.
>
> We wanted to always test the latest code so we had early detection of
> failures. What's the appropriate way to do that without using a git
> reference?

In the OpenStack gate, use the local cached Neutron git tree, updated
by zuul-cloner. For third-party CI, it will depend on your test setup,
how you're running tests, are you using images etc etc - but if its
similar to the OpenStack gate, zuul-cloner should be the answer again.

The only place its tricky is when dealing with tox environments, where
you need to be able to inject something with the right local path - so
a new file which you can reference with -r in tox.ini. (And -c in
future, but that hasn't landed yet).

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>