[openstack-dev] [all] [stable] No longer doing stable point releases

Joshua Harlow harlowja at outlook.com
Fri Jun 5 20:53:58 UTC 2015

Hopefully it's somewhat obvious to folks that altering the PBR version
schema (yet again), breaks *all the people* from using it in a reliable
manner, and if the goal of PBR is to bring reasonableness, well changing
it in a way that breaks things seems like the-anti-pattern of PBR.

I know from building with anvil and building RPMs that we only used tags
in https://github.com/stackforge/anvil/tree/master/conf/origins because
the PBR version number would change format/style/other (and also
partially because nothing existed that converted to a *sane* rpm version
string, although this supposedly exists now via a new PBR function).