[openstack-dev] [all][api] API working group proposed guideline merge process

michael mccune msm at redhat.com
Thu Jun 4 19:36:54 UTC 2015

hi all,

The API working group has put together a more comprehensive process for
merging guidelines. This process is currently under review[1], and we
would like to invite all PTLs and CPLs to take a look and tell us if we
are missing something.

This review will most likely stay open until our next meeting
(6/11/15 at 0000UTC in openstack-meeting-3), at which point we will merge them.

In a nutshell we have added language to help indicate when a guideline
will move from internal editing and review into an official freeze
period for PTLs and CPLs to add comments. This process will follow lazy
consensus, so if you have no negative comments then we will assume
agreement.

We will also start to make regular postings to the mailing list
regarding guidelines that are in the freeze period. These frozen
guidelines will also be mentioned in the cross project meeting, although
they may not be debated there.

thanks all, and happy hacking =)

mike

[1]: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/186836