[openstack-dev] [Murano] Help needed with TOSCA support in Murano

Georgy Okrokvertskhov gokrokvertskhov at mirantis.com
Wed Jun 3 03:16:30 UTC 2015

When you update an environment in Murano it will update underlying stack.
You should not see a new stack for the same environment. If you have a
PostgresDB deployed and then add a Tomcat application you will see that
stack was updated with new resources. There is no dependency between Tomcat
and PostgresDB so deployment will just update Heat stack with independent
resources (new Nova:Server will be added). Murano will never add a new
stack for existing environment when you update it. There is no such logic
in the code for sure, a single Heat stack nailed down to environment and
each deployment will do stack update calls.

Thanks
Gosha

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 5:59 PM, Vahid S Hashemian <vahidhashemian at us.ibm.com
> wrote:

> In other words, can a new component that is being to an environment have
> dependency on the existing ones?
> If so, how does that defined?
>
> For example, going back to your example of a multi-tier application, if I
> initially have PostgreDB in my environment, and later add Tomcat, how do I
> tell Tomcat the PostgreDB connection info? Would it be manually done
> through component parameters? Or there are other dynamic ways of
> discovering it?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Regards,

Georgy Okrokvertskhov