[openstack-dev] How to use the log server in CI ?

Abhishek Shrivastava abhishek at cloudbyte.com
Thu Jul 30 08:54:15 UTC 2015

Hi Tang,

After completing the logServer installation the logs will go to your
machine automatically after each build run.

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 2:19 PM, Tang Chen <tangchen at cn.fujitsu.com> wrote:

>  Hi Asselin, Abhishek,
>
> Sorry, it is about the CI again.
>
> I run install_log_server.sh to setup a log server.
>
> I setup the log server on the same machine with my Jenkins Master, and
> configured it like this:
> $DOMAIN=localhost
> $JENKINS_SSH_PUBLIC_KEY = path to my ssh key
>
> The script completed. But I don't know how to use the log server.
>
> Here are my questions:
>
> 1. Is the log server able to be on the same machine with Jenkins Master ?
>     I think maybe the apache in the log server conflicts with the jenkins
> server.

​The answer to your question is no, as the logs generated​

​each time will become large in size so it is recommended to use logServer
on a separate machine having a public IP.

> 2. Is the log server able to upload the logs to Gerrit automatically ?
>     Or it is just a server for you to view the logs ?

​The logs is not uploaded to Gerrit, only success or failure is reported to
Gerrit. Also, when you click on the job in the gerrit with either of the
message, you will be redirected to the logServer page.​

--

*Thanks & Regards,*
*Abhishek*