[openstack-dev] [QA] Doodle poll for New Alternating Week QA Meeting time

Matthew Treinish mtreinish at kortar.org
Wed Jul 22 14:12:10 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jul 07, 2015 at 11:06:41AM -0400, Matthew Treinish wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> As a follow-up from the QA meeting from 2 weeks ago I'm starting a poll to
> reschedule the 22:00 UTC QA meeting:
>
> http://doodle.com/eykyptgi3ca3r9mk
>
> I used the yaml2ical repo (which is awesome and makes this so much easier)
> to figure out which slots were open for Thursday.
>
> To summarize the issue with the current time slot is that it's too early for
> most of APAC, and too late for parts of the Americas and Europe. This has led to
> the current 22:00 UTC meeting slot be less productive because of lower overall
> attendance. The original goal of the 22:00 UTC was to have a more friendly APAC
> time slot because the other 17:00 UTC time is more Europe and Americas friendly.
>
> I'll keep the poll open for about a week or 2, or until there is a clear winning
> time slot. We'll hopefully start using the new slot for the July 23rd meeting.
> (so the poll will definitely be closed by the 22nd)

Just a follow up I closed the poll for this. The timeslot that had the most
votes was 9:00 UTC.[1] I've pushed the irc-meetings patch to adjust the time for
the meeting:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/204628/

I'll also be updating the meeting wiki page with the new time
shortly.

Thanks,

Matt Treinish

[1] http://doodle.com/eykyptgi3ca3r9mk