[openstack-dev] [Neutron] AGAIN HELP CONFIRM OR DISCUSS:create a port when network contain ipv4 subnets and ipv6 subnets, allocate ipv6 address to the port.

zhaobo zb4515 at 163.com
Wed Jul 22 11:05:22 UTC 2015

Hi ,
Could anyone please check the bug below? I had received message from some kind people, but I didn't get the answer which i want.
The key point is why the created port with specify ipv4 subnet as fixed-ip get an ipv6 addr when there are some ipv6 slaac/dhcpstateful subnets.
And I know the slaac subnet will automatic allocate an ipv6 addr. Users may be confused about this behavior.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1467791

This bug description:
When the created network contains one ipv4 subnet and an ipv6 subnet which turned on slaac or stateless.
When I create a port use cmd like:
neutron port-create --fixed-ip subnet_id=$[ipv4_subnet_id] $[network_id/name]
The specified fixed-ip is ipv4_subnet, but the returned port contained the ipv6 subnet.

If user just want a port with ipv4 , why returned port had allocated an ipv6 address.
And I know this is an design behavior from http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/neutron-specs/specs/kilo/multiple-ipv6-prefixes.html#proposed-change
But we are still confused about this operation.

And when we create floatingip and the external network just contained an ipv6 slaac subnet, the port will contained the ipv6 addr . Are there some issues ?

Thank you anyone could help for confirm this issue , and wish you return the message asap.

ZhaoBo