[openstack-dev] [requirements] attention requirements-cores, please look out for constraints updates

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Jul 9 09:13:33 UTC 2015

Robert Collins wrote:
>> I'm wondering if we should not refresh them less often. Some of those
>> will trigger some discussion before approval
>
> ^ if they do, its bogus discussion. We never had discussion previously
> when new deps flowed into gate jobs willy-nilly - except when it went
> wrong. The new feature is not a policy knob or control point. [...]

I was thinking more something along the lines of the "what's up with
this" in:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/199353/1/upper-constraints.txt

> [...]
> So lets make this a single +A from any core. Its not code review so
> much as 'it looks green and we're not in release-freeze right now'.

OK, so we are not supposed to review the contents of the file (like
Brant did in this above comment), just to check that we are not in
"release freeze". Could you detail what you exactly mean by that ?
Is it that we are not in the middle of the process of releasing our
weekly batch of libs ? Or that we are not in the dependency freeze
period at the end of the 6-month cycle ?

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)