[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Undercloud heat version expectations

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Fri Jan 30 10:29:05 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I've had a couple of discussions lately causing me to question $subject,
and in particular what our expectations are around tripleo-heat-templates
working with older (e.g non trunk) versions of Heat in the undercloud.

For example, in [1], we're discussing merging a template-level workaround
for a heat bug which has been fixed for nearly 4 months (I've now proposed
a stable/juno backport..) - this raises the question, do we actually
support tripleo-heat-templates with a stable/juno heat in the undercloud?

Related to this is discussion such as [2], where ideally I'd like us to
start using some new-shiny features we've been landing in heat to make the
templates cleaner - is this valid, e.g can I start proposing template
changes to tripleo-heat-templates which will definitely require
new-for-kilo heat functionality?

Thanks,

Steve

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/151038/