[openstack-dev] [Heat] query property on heat OS::Ceilometer::Alarm for juno/stable

Angus Salkeld asalkeld at mirantis.com
Wed Jan 21 23:05:39 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 5:16 AM, Karolyn Chambers <chamberk at us.ibm.com>
wrote:

> In Kilo, with the bug fix from 1326721, I can create an alarm like the
> following with the "query" property. I use this alarm to monitor the health
> of a server instance in the pool. In juno/stable, without the query
> property, ceilometer alarms can only be created via heat with matching
> metadata. This limits the metrics I can create alarms for, as not every
> resource has metadata associated with it. Without this bug fix, I've been
> unable to find a way to monitor the health of my server in Juno via heat. I'd
> like thoughts on back porting 1326721 back to juno/stable, so this can be
> work the same as it does in Kilo https://review.openstack.org/#/c/146624/
> <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/146624/> .Thanks

Hi

I appreciate that it is a useful feature for you, but people rely on stable
branches being stable. This is a reasonably big patch (163) for a back port.
So I understand Zane's -1. That said, it is contained within ceilometer
alarm resource and the code now matches master. And the feature has been in
ceilometer for
ages.

I am OK with this going in, if stable branch folk are OK with it. (I'll put
a +1 on the review).

-Angus