[openstack-dev] multi-queue virtio-net interface

Rajagopalan Sivaramakrishnan raja at juniper.net
Wed Jan 21 20:06:48 UTC 2015

Hello,
    We are hitting a performance bottleneck in the Contrail network virtualization solution due to the virtio interface having a single queue in VMs spawned using Openstack. There seems to be a blueprint to address this by enabling multi-queue virtio-net at

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/libvirt-virtio-net-multiqueue

It is not clear what the current status of this project is. We would be happy to contribute towards this effort if required. Could somebody please let us know what the next steps should be to get this into an upcoming release?

Thanks,

Raja