[openstack-dev] [neutron] Match network topology in DB vs. network topology in nodes

Kazuhiro Miyashita miyakz1192 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 16:26:18 UTC 2015

1. Query neutron data from DB
2. Discover to which computation node it belongs

you can query port's information with neutron command.
like "neutron port-list -c id -c device_owner" and find device_owner ==
compute:* ports.

and also find compute node witch port(and instance) deployed on.

you can find "instance id" and "vm host which instance deployed on"  and
 "network that port belongs to" and "vlan id from network(if you use vlan)"

3. In that node, access internal data and compare it with one that I read
from DB

I don't know how to get internal data of neutron agent directly. but you
can get peripheral information
from compute node.

like, access vm host with ssh(sshpass) and get flow information(ex:
ovs-ofctl dump-flows br-int) and ,
meta information  from ovs-db and iptables which security group and
security group rule's
instance.