[openstack-dev] [horizon] - Add custom JS functions to dashboard

Radomir Dopieralski openstack at sheep.art.pl
Wed Feb 18 11:30:04 UTC 2015

On 16/02/15 14:54, Marcos Fermin Lobo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to add some (own) JavaScript functions to the image list,
> in Project dashboard.
>
> I've followed up the documentation
> (http://docs.openstack.org/developer/horizon/topics/customizing.html#custom-javascript),
> but I think it is outdated, because that documentation refers to
> directory tree which is not the same in (for example) Juno release. I
> mean, there is no:
> openstack_dashboard/dashboards/project/templates/project/ (check
> https://github.com/cernops/horizon/tree/master-patches/openstack_dashboard/dashboards/project)
>

> So, my question is: Where should I write my own JavaScript functions to
> be able to use them in the image list (project dashboard)?. The
> important point here is that my new JavaScript functions should be
> available to "compress" process which is execute (by default) during RPM
> building.
>
> Thank you for your time.

That documentation is still valid, even if the example paths are
different. We use exactly this technique in tuskar-ui and it still works.

Starting with Juno, you can also add JavaScript files in your panel's
configuration file, see
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/horizon/topics/settings.html#add-js-files

--
Radomir Dopieralski