[openstack-dev] [ansible] One or more undefined variables: 'dict object' has no attribute 'bridge'

Kevin Carter kevin.carter at RACKSPACE.COM
Sun Dec 13 11:36:05 UTC 2015

Hi Mark,

What Wade said is spot on, there's a missing entry in your inventory.
 From looking at your configuration it seems you need to add this stanza
[0], or something like it, in to your `openstack_user_config.yml` file
under the "provider_networks" section. This will add the required tunnel
network configuration type to your compute hosts and allow the neutron
installation to continue.

On a related note the issue is due to an assumption we've made in the
playbook. We've assumed that the "tunnel" network type is always present
on compute nodes. In you current configuration file only a single flat
network was referenced which failed to load the required network entry
into the host variables of your inventory on your compute node. While I
assume you'll want or need tunnel networks on your compute nodes, the
interface file you shared has a "br-vxlan" device, the single network
use case seems like something we should be able to address. If you
wouldn't mind raising an issue in launchpad [1] I'd appreciated it.

[0] http://paste.openstack.org/show/481751/
[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-ansible

--

Kevin Carter