[openstack-dev] [release][all] bugs will now close automatically when patches merge

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Tue Dec 8 10:17:08 UTC 2015

On Mon, Dec 07 2015, Doug Hellmann wrote:

Hi Doug,

> As mentioned previously [1], as part of deprecating our use of Launchpad
> for tracking completed work we have changed the default behavior so that
> when a patch with "Fixes-Bug" in the commit message merges the bug will
> move to "Fix Released" (a closed state) instead of "Fix Committed" (a
> "still open" state).
>
> The patch to make this change [2] has merged, and the behavior change
> should be in effect by now.

Is this for all projects, whatever their release cycle is?
Are projects using Launchpad to track bugs using Launchpad branches etc
affected too?

This is a big change for projects not managed by the release team and
that will completely change our workflow in an unexpected manner.

--
Julien Danjou
/* Free Software hacker