[openstack-dev] [release][all] bugs will now close automatically when patches merge

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Dec 8 10:52:55 UTC 2015

Julien Danjou wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 07 2015, Doug Hellmann wrote:
>> As mentioned previously [1], as part of deprecating our use of Launchpad
>> for tracking completed work we have changed the default behavior so that
>> when a patch with "Fixes-Bug" in the commit message merges the bug will
>> move to "Fix Released" (a closed state) instead of "Fix Committed" (a
>> "still open" state).
>>
>> The patch to make this change [2] has merged, and the behavior change
>> should be in effect by now.
>
> Is this for all projects, whatever their release cycle is?

Quite a few projects were using the option to fix-release directly
already and behavior there doesn't change.

> Are projects using Launchpad to track bugs using Launchpad branches etc
> affected too?
>
> This is a big change for projects not managed by the release team and
> that will completely change our workflow in an unexpected manner.

Could you detail what your workflow is ? How are you using FixCommitted
and FixReleased on projects not managed by the release team ?

What I've seen elsewhere is that bugs are left lying in FixCommitted
state forever since nobody goes and manually set them to FixReleased to
close them:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack/+bugs?field.status%3Alist=FIXCOMMITTED

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)