[openstack-dev] [puppet] including openstacklib::openstackclient

Matt Fischer matt at mattfischer.com
Mon Dec 7 20:51:43 UTC 2015

I found this bug in the liberty branch [1] over the weekend in the handling
of openstack client between glance & keystone. As a part of fixing that
I've discussed with Clayton and Michael Chapman just what the right way is
to include the openstackclient.

Keystone does it by conditionally including the class in client.pp [2].
Glance does it with an ensure_resources call in the main class [3].

Michael Chapman was of the opinion we should just include the
openstacklib::openstackclient unconditionally and let hiera figure it out
(hope I'm paraphrasing his opinion). That is cleaner but perhaps less
flexible.

Whatever solution we pick, I want to be consistent and back-portable.

Thoughts?

[1] - https://bugs.launchpad.net/puppet-openstacklib/+bug/1523643
[2] -
https://github.com/openstack/puppet-keystone/blob/master/manifests/client.pp#L20-L26