[openstack-dev] [fuel] Fuel 8.0 Feature Freeze

Dmitry Borodaenko dborodaenko at mirantis.com
Wed Dec 2 19:26:47 UTC 2015

Fuel 8.0 (based on Liberty) is now in Feature Freeze [0].

[0] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/FeatureFreeze

Aside from feature commits that have received feature freeze exceptions
listed in Mike's email [1], only bugfix commits are now allowed to be
merged.

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-December/081131.html

Lets all be extra careful about what gets merged from now on and look
out for possible regressions and disruptions. The list of exceptions is
much longer than I'd like, and some have larger impact than I'd like,
lets all of us make sure we don't come to regret granting these
exceptions.

As per my proposal back in August [2], master branches will remain
closed for feature work only until Soft Code Freeze. On Soft Code Freeze
(currently scheduled to December 23), stable/8.0 branches will be
created and master branches will be opened for feature work and Mitaka
support.

[2] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-August/073110.html

Note that our definitions of Soft Code Freeze and Hard Code Freeze on
the wiki [3] haven't been updated yet and still shows the old scheme
(stable branches created at HCF), apologies about that.

[3] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Fuel#Release_Milestones

--
Dmitry Borodaenko