[openstack-dev] [all] [glance] Proposal to add Abhishek to Glance core team

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Wed Dec 2 14:42:49 UTC 2015

On 01/12/15 01:21 -0500, Nikhil Komawar wrote:
>Hi,
>
>As the requested (re-voting) on [1] seemed to conflict with the thread
>title, I am __init__ing a new thread for the sake of clarity, closure
>and ease of vote.
>
>Please do provide feedback on the proposal by me on this thread [1].
>Other reference links are [2] and [3].
>
>[1]
>http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-November/thread.html#80279
>[2]
>http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/glance/2015/glance.2015-10-01-14.01.log.html#l-70
>
>[3] https://launchpad.net/~abhishek-kekane

Hey Nikhil,

First and foremost, thanks for sending this out and helping with
growing the community.

Back when you proposed both, Sabari and Abishek, in that meeting, I
mentioned that I wanted to first get our priorities straigth before we
added more folks to the team.

Now that we've done that, it sounds like a great opportunity to expand
our cores team. However, I still feel we should move forward one step
at a time, at least during Mitaka.

My main reason for the above is that we've very specific areas that
we'd like to focus on during this cycle and we need more expertise on
those areas for now. That is, I'd like our team to be more focused on
helping fixes, blueprints and discussion on those specific areas.

I agree with you that Abishek has been doing a great job and that he's
helped w/ reviews quite a bit. Unfortunately, Glance is going through
a period where focus is at the top of its priorities and, while I
don't think Abishek would harm that, I do believe our actions and
steps as a community need to be clear and respect our goals.

We'll be doing a clean up soon, now that M-1 is about to go out. I'd
be more than happy to reconsider this later on.

The above is, of course, my personal opinion. I do want others to
chime in and provide their feedback.

All that said, I hope my intentions are clear and they don't come out
harsh. Abishek, I have huge respect for your work and your dedication
to the project. I would hate for you to get my words the wrong way.

I'm happy to expand and discuss this further if needed.
Flavio