[openstack-dev] [Openstack-operators] [keystone] Removing functionality that was deprecated in Kilo and upcoming deprecated functionality in Mitaka

Lance Bragstad lbragstad at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 14:50:14 UTC 2015

On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 6:05 AM, Sean Dague <sean at dague.net> wrote:

> On 12/01/2015 01:57 AM, Steve Martinelli wrote:
> > Trying to summarize here...
> >
> > - There isn't much interest in keeping eventlet around.
> > - Folks are OK with running keystone in a WSGI server, but feel they are
> > constrained by Apache.
>
> From an interop perspective, this concerns me a bit. My understanding is
> that Apache is specifically needed for Federation. Federation is the
> norm that we want for environments in the future.

(On a side note from removing eventlet, but related to what Sean said)

A spec has been proposed to make keystone a fully fledged saml2 provider
[0]. Depending on how we feel about implementing and maintaining something
like this, we'd be able to use federation within uWSGI (we would no longer
*require* Apache for federation). Only bringing this up because it would
also solve the two-reference-architectures problem. A uWSGI reference
architecture could be used for deploying keystone, regardless if you want
federation or not.

We probably wouldn't get a uWSGI reference architecture until after that is
all fleshed out. This is assuming the spec is accepted and implemented in
Mitaka.

Not to take away from the current thread, but it seems partially relevant.
Also, this seems like a good opportunity to gather thoughts on the idea :)

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/244694/5