[openstack-dev] [Openstack-operators] [keystone] Removing functionality that was deprecated in Kilo and upcoming deprecated functionality in Mitaka

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Tue Dec 1 12:05:29 UTC 2015

On 12/01/2015 01:57 AM, Steve Martinelli wrote:
> Trying to summarize here...
>
> - There isn't much interest in keeping eventlet around.
> - Folks are OK with running keystone in a WSGI server, but feel they are
> constrained by Apache.

>From an interop perspective, this concerns me a bit. My understanding is
that Apache is specifically needed for Federation. Federation is the
norm that we want for environments in the future.

I'd hate to go down a path where the reference architecture we put out
there doesn't support this. It's going to be all the pain of cells /
non-cells that Nova's or nova-net / neutron bifurcation.

Whatever the reference architecture is, it should support Federation. A
non federation capable keystone should be the exception.

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net