[openstack-dev] [swift] [oslo.messaging] [fuel] [ha] Is Swift going to support oslo.messaging?

Richard Hawkins richard.hawkins at RACKSPACE.COM
Tue Dec 1 13:17:36 UTC 2015

?Is it possible to write the functionality you desire in your own middleware for Swift that lives outside of the Swift code?  I would favor that approach for the following reasons:

* You would have more control over code/changes so your middleware could stabilize and mature faster (don't have to wait for reviews from community for minor tweaks).

* Since you are writing it, you get exactly what you want.

* Swift would not gain more dependancies that would have to be installed.

There have been a few projects in the past that have been successful middleware without being included (swauth, swift3, swift-informant).

And in the end, if your middleware becomes wildly successful and everybody uses it, there would be no reason it could not be merged into the Swift code at a later time.?

Thanks,
Richard Hawkins
Software Developer - Cloud Files (OpenStack Swift)
Rackspace