[openstack-dev] [oslo][messaging] configurable ack-then-process (at least/most once) behavior

Bogdan Dobrelya bdobrelia at mirantis.com
Tue Dec 1 09:27:53 UTC 2015

On 30.11.2015 14:28, Bogdan Dobrelya wrote:
> Hello.
> Please let's make this change [0] happen to the Oslo messaging.
> This is reasonable, straightforward and backwards compatible change. And
> it is required for OpenStack applications - see [1] - to implement a
> sane HA. The only thing left is to cover this change by unit tests.
>
> [0] https://review.openstack.org/229186
> [1]
> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-October/076217.html

Here is related bp [0]. I will submit the spec as well and put there all
of the concerns Mehdi Abaakouk provided in the aforementioned patch
review process. I believe the ack-then-process pattern *has* use cases,
that is why this topic will be raised again and again unless adressed.

[0]
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/oslo.messaging/+spec/at-least-once-guarantee

--
Best regards,